California takes the lead after day of the Pac-12 Men’s Swimming Championships
FEDERAL WAY, WASH – California jumped ahead in the crew standings with 342 points after day two of competition at the Pac-12 Men’s Swimming Championships, held on the Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way, Wash. Victories inside the 2 hundred-yard character medley, 50-backyard freestyle, and 2 hundred-backyard freestyle relay helped the Golden Bears climb to the pinnacle of the rankings.
• It got here right down to the cord, but USC’s freshman Victor Johansson pulled away with the win inside the 500-yard freestyle with a time of four:13.30. He claimed the Trojan’s first victory of the Pac-12 Championships.
• Cal’s sophomore Julian Trenton became near behind and clocked in at four: thirteen. Sixty-one to region second for the Golden Bears. His teammate and fellow sophomore Sean Grieshop claimed 1/3 with a time of 4:14.56.
• All 3 times earned an NCAA B Cut.
200-yard Individual Medley
• Cal’s standout senior Andrew Seliskar, and last yr’s Pac-12 Men’s Swimming Championships Swimmer of the Meet, claimed his third 2 hundred-yard individual medley crown in the beyond 4 years. He crowned the rostrum with an excellent time of one:forty.53, an NCAA A cut, and two seconds beforehand of the subsequent closest competitor. He has had pretty the meet already, swimming a leg on the 800-yard freestyle relay team that set a Pac-12 and Pac-12 Championships report last night time.
• Arizona freshman David Schlicht receives his first podium finish at his first Pac-12 Championships, placing second with a B reduce the time of 1: forty two.38
• Last yr’s Pac-12 Swimmer of the Year, Stanford’s Abraham DeVine captured the third location, tapping in at 1: forty-two. Seventy-seven.
• With the 0.33-quickest time in Division I this season and an A reduce with a time of 18.83, Cal junior Pawel Sendyk takes the first vicinity inside the 50-backyard freestyle for the second time in his profession, previously triumphing the occasion in 2017.
• The Golden Bears captured all three podium spots within the incident, as Sendyk’s teammates Ryan Hoffer took the 2d region with a time of nineteen.12 and Michael Jensen changed into 0.33 at 19.30.
200-yard Freestyle Relay
• Cal continues its relay dominance with another win inside the two-hundred-yard freestyle relay; the third year in a row, the Bears have claimed the title in the event. After his victory in the 50-yard freestyle, Sendyk and his teammates Ryan Hoffer, Michael Jensen, and Zheng Quah clocked in at 1:16.Forty-three.
• Arizona’s foursome of Chatham Dobbs, Thomas Anderson, Jorge Iga, and Marin Ercegovic stood in the 2nd region at the podium with a time of 1:17.05.
• Following the Wildcats turned into the Utah group of Austin Phillips, Liam O’Haimhirgin, Clay Stoddard, and Rodolfo Moreira, clocking in at 1:17.11.
• All 3 relay teams earned an NCAA A standard in the event.
Team Scores Through Event 9
California – 342
Stanford – 308
Arizona State – 248
Arizona – 223
USC – 176
Utah – 169
Competition resumes on Friday at eleven a.M. PT with the preliminary rounds of the four hundred-backyard individual medley, one hundred-yard butterfly, two hundred-backyard freestyle, a hundred-backyard breaststroke, and one hundred-backyard backstroke. The finals consultation for the morning swimming occasions plus the four hundred-backyard medley relay will start at 6 p.M. PT.
TELEVISION AND LIVE STREAM COVERAGE:
Expanded live coverage of the Pac-12 Men’s Swimming Finals will air on Pac-12 Washington and other local networks. It might be to authenticate users on Pac-12.Com and the Pac-12 Now app on Friday, March eight and Saturday, March 9, beginning at 6:30 p.M. PT/7:30 p.M. MT on both nights.